Don’t let Ratitoulli fool you. That rodent isn’t going to help you make dinner.
If you see a rat in your home, it probably brought friends (and not the good kind). Don’t let rats stay in your home rent-free. Green Wing will give rats the boot, so your family can get back to life as usual.
If you think you might have a rodent problem, the first step is to call for an inspection. Call Now: 321-452-9999 or fill out our contact form.
The Signs of a Rodent Infestation
Rats are sneaky. You probably won’t see a rat unless an infestation is severe. That means you have to keep an eye out for other signs of infestation. According to the EPA, this includes keeping an eye out for droppings and bite marks around food sources, bad smells coming from cracks and crevices, and chew marks or hole in walls.
How Can I Prevent Rodent Infestation?
Pest World recommends these steps to prevent rodents from entering your home:
- Seal easy entryways. This includes areas around pipes, loose mortar, cracks, crevices and broken weather stripping.
- Store firewood away from your home and at least 5 feet off the ground.
- Clean up clutter and properly store food.
Facts About Rats:
Here are some not-so-fun facts about rats brought to you by the National Pest Management Association:
- Rodents consume or contaminate about 20% of the international food supply
- Rats transmit lots of diseases including Salmonella and Leptospirosis
- Rodents cause countless fires every year by chewing wires and spilling flammable chemicals
- Almost 30% of American homeowners struggle to control rodents in their homes
Luckily, these pests can be controlled starting with the first visit. We create a follow-up schedule for your home or business to keep these pests at bay. Click here to learn more about our process. Life is good pest free!
Your bug guy,