We have dedicated our lives to keeping your home pest free, and it’s not just because pests are gross. As pest management professionals, we know the important role our industry has on protecting your health, food and property. That’s why we are considered an essential service. Exterminating pests in your home doesn’t just serve an aesthetic purpose; it also keeps you and your family safe.
If you think you might have a pest infestation, the first step is to call for an inspection. Call Now: 321-452-9999 or fill out our contact form.
The truth is: Pests can spread deadly diseases.
What pests spread disease?
According to the EPA, these are some of the top disease spreading pests:
- Cockroaches aren’t just nightmare drivers, they can spread diseases and exacerbate your asthma and allergies too.
- A mosquito can transfer all kinds of diseases including Zika; St. Louis, Eastern, Western, West Nile and LaCrosse encephalitis; yellow fever and dengue fever. We wrote a more detailed blog post here: 10 Things to know about Mosquitos
- Lice can do more than just make you itch. They can also give you epidemic typhus, a disease with symptoms similar to a common cold, and trench fever, a disease that can cause sudden pain and high fever.
- Rats might be the most dangerous disease carrying pest of all. They can carry Hantavirus, an often deadly respiratory illness, plagues, rat-bite fever and salmonella.
How you can prevent disease spreading pests from entering you home.
The National Institutes of Health breaks down prevention into 3 categories: evaluate, avoid and protect.
- Evaluate: what dangerous habits do you have that invite pests into your home? Do you leave food on your kitchen counter? Are there pipes that need to be fixed in your home? The first step in preventing pests is understanding your weak points
- Avoid: Avoid mess. Clean your home frequently and stay on top of home repairs. Fill cracks and fix pipes that may be causing standing water to pool. When you go outside, use bug repellent and always check for freeloaders before you go inside.
- Protect: Use bug repellent when you go outside and take extra precautions to protect against pollen and dust. Vacuum and wash sheets frequently. Be particularly thorough when cleaning rugs as they harbor irritants.
How Does Green Wing Treat Infestations?
Infestations can get out of hand quickly and seriously impact your family’s quality of life. Without quick treatment, the problem will only cause more harm. Luckily, pests can be controlled starting with the first visit. We create a follow-up schedule for your home or business to keep these pests at bay. Click here to learn more about our process. Life is good pest free!
Your bug guy,